About Lucent Bio
Lucent Bio is on a mission to accelerate the transformation of agriculture to sustainability. We have developed novel bioactive crop nutrition products that improve yields and soil health, have a low carbon footprint and without run-off pollution.
As a growing Agtech start-up with 25 employees, we’re looking for a Senior Research Assistant who passionate about research and wants to learn, grow, and make a positive impact!
About the Role
Our Senior Research Assistant is a full-time position located in 4D Labs, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC. You’ll be reporting to our Chief Science Officer. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute accurate syntheses and characterizations according to the project plan
- Record all the details and observations and document the results in the related shared drive
- Collect, analyze and document research data and Report to management about progress & results
- Provide ready access to all experimental data for other assigned researchers and management
- Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project from your manager
- Study MSDS of all the materials you are going to work with and follow the required safety protocols, and avoid any uncertainty in respect to safety
- Prepare reports, and presentations as required for your manager
- Attend project meetings
- Provide accurate QA/QC characterization results on company products asap
- Record chain of custody for any sent or received samples
- Other related tasks defined by the manager
- Master of Chemistry, Chemical engineering or Biology,
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working on the Research projects or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Excellent oral and written communication; exceptional interpersonal skills
- Skilled in prioritization, problem-solving, organization, critical thinking, decision-making, time management and planning activities
- Self-motivated and high attention detail required
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external colleagues and work well in team-oriented setting
We’re a science-based company; COVID vaccination is a requirement.
This role is open to anyone eligible for work in Canada.