Who we are
Lucent BioSciences is on a mission to address climate impact on global food security and nutrition by developing solutions that regenerate soils. Soileos is our first product: a cellulose-based smart micronutrient granular fertilizer and seed coating offering higher yields without the threat of runoff pollution. We’re a true start-up, with 20+ employees and lots of things to do!
Who we’re looking for:
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a start-up growth story? Have you got a passion for people, admin, and HR? The HR & Office Administrator will be working closely with the finance team and leadership team to make Lucent BioSciences a happy and productive place to work. This is a full-time blended position (work from home and in office role), located in the Lower Mainland area. It is open to anyone eligible for work in Canada.
You like a workplace where:
- The culture is dynamic, quick-paced, and entrepreneurial.
- Your coworkers are collaborative, proactive, and interesting.
- Your priorities matter. Career growth? Balancing work and life? Helping you live your best life is #goals.
You like to spend your time:
- Collaborating with the hiring managers on writing job descriptions, posting roles, recruitment, and interview coordination
- Communicating and handling internal and external HR related inquiries and requests
- Managing new employee preparations and onboarding (from ordering tech to prepping swag to scheduling onboarding meetings) as well as offboarding.
- Providing HR support and solutions to the team.
- Drafting company policies and procedures, suggesting improvements and updates to existing ones, and providing training on them.
- Supporting the management team in creating, improving, and delivering a broad range of employee programs, such as performance reviews and learning initiatives.
- Be the go-to person for all things Employee Experience and Office Management such as:
- Snacks & Supplies
- Team Event
- Team Requests and Need
- Mail, Deliveries, & Order
- Other administrative or human resources activities as needed.
You’ll be a great match if you have:
- Experience or education in Human Resources, People Operations, Office Administration or Employee Experience preferred
- Whether that’s a degree or certificate in HR or 1+ years of experience on an HR/People team, we’re looking for someone who’s familiar with basic HR best practices and wants to learn more on the job.
- Passion for people -- you believe that the team is the heart of any organization
- Strong event planning skills -- everyone loves your parties!
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building skills. You are someone who people feel comfortable coming to for all sorts of issues or requests because you provide a welcoming, understanding atmosphere
- Willingness to dive into the deep end and learn on the job in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy being busy and can organize workload effectively
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Energetic personality and proactive approach
- Amazing customer service (“all hands-on deck” attitude) to serve the organization
- Comfortable maintaining a high level of confidentiality
Nice to haves:
- Familiar with the tools our company uses, such Google Workspace (mail, calendar, drive, docs, etc), Slack, Collage, BreezyHR
- Familiar with HRIS and ATS or similar HR tools
- Familiar with BC Workplace Health & Safety regulations and WorkSafeBC
- Familiar with BC Employment Standards Act
- CPHR or SHRM certification
If this sounds like you, then you're a fit! Time to apply.
COVID PROTOCOLS - Lucent BioSciences cares about the health of its employees and requires proof of full vaccination to be considered for this position.